Joe Perez is a freelance creative director & graphic artist based in Providence, Rhode Island.
He attended Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, CA.
2008-2010 he curated Kanye West’s two blogs: kanyeuniversecity.com & gallery.kanyewest.com
He went on to work as the lead art director at Kanye West’s design studio DONDA from 2011-2016.
His most notable work was on the Cruel Summer, & Yeezus album covers.
Joe also contributed to the award nominated “The Life of Pablo” merchandise where
he developed product ideas and designed the interior of the NYC pop-up shop.
Joe went on to form his own studio which crafted Nicki Minaj’s “The Pink Print” album cover.
The cover was later selected as one of the 50 greatest album covers of all time by Billboard Magazine.
Joe Perez Studio’s album design of Janelle Monáe’s “Dirty Computer” was selected as one of the best
album sleeves of 2018 by Creative Review.
LONDON ON DA TRACK
FEAR OF GOD
ISLAND DEF JAM
BBH LOS ANGELES
ROLLING LOUD FESTIVAL
THE GAME AWARDS
A BATHING APE
• THE LION KING : THE GIFT – NPR
• BEST ALBUM SLEEVES OF 2018 – CREATIVE REVIEW (JANELLE MONÁE)
• NICKI MINAJ PINK PRINT – BILLBOARD 50 GREATEST COVERS
• CLUB FANTASY – HYPEBEAST
• CLUB FANTASY – FLAUNT MAGAZINE
• CLUB FANTASY – PAUSE MAGAZINE
• INTERVIEW – METAL MAGAZINE
• YEEZUS POP-UP SHOP – MILK MADE